Daily Star logoBusiness



Bacolod City, Philippines Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Front Page
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Star Life
People & Events
CDO vs. quarry operation sought
BY JOEVEL BARTOLOME

 

Forty-two former employees of the Malogo Aggregates Ventures Inc. have asked EB Magalona Mayor Marvin Malacon to issue a cease-and-desist/closure order to the two mineral processing plants of the company in the town.

In a letter-complaint dated yesterday, and received by the mayor’s office on the same day, the complainants, who claimed they were illegally dismissed on February 16, 2018 by the company, said the sand and gravel quarries “had been operating without business, building and zoning permits and nonpayment of real property taxes”.

Malacon said he will talk to Jojo Vargas, the Community Environment and Natural Resources officer of EB Magalona, and Municipal Treasurer Riza Diaz, regarding the complaint today.

He said, “It’s too early to decide. Let’s wait for due process, because EB Magalona is a business-friendly municipality. Let’s ask questions before we make a conclusion, the best way is to invite the owner or representatives of MAVI to ask questions.”

The complainants are also asking Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. “to immediately cancel the industrial sand and gravel quarry permit granted to MAVI”.*JB

 

back to top

Business
Button‘Yolanda housing awardees banned from selling units’
ButtonCDO vs. quarry operation sought
ButtonCLUP hearing today

ButtonPO trade earns P.7M