The Philippine National Police said security measures are now in place as the campaign period for senatorial candidates and party-list groups kicks off today.
“With regards to preparation, we are very much prepared,” PNP chief, Director General Oscar Albayalde said yesterday.
Albayalde said police personnel are ready for deployment to prevent any untoward incidents during the campaign period for the May 13 mid-term elections.
“So far we have no (recorded) incidents. Hopefully it will continue to be no election related violent incidents,” he said.
He said the PNP is still validating the new list of elections hotspots in coordination with the Commission on Elections and Armed Forces of the Philippines.
“Actually, there are more areas. We have a new list. We will be providing the public with a new one. We are still validating the new list based on new parameters given to us by the Comelec,” he said.
Albayalde said he will announce the new list of hotspots today.*PNA
back to top