The fire at the Bago Public Market in Bago City, Negros Occidental Monday night, affected 16 blocks and resulted in P1.3 million worth of damages.
Fire Officer 3 Rudy Geroche of the Bago Bureau of Fire Protection, quoting the investigation report, said the fire started at about 8:15 p.m. Monday, when all the stores were already closed.
Investigation also showed that the fire started at the King Poys Native Products, and spread to nearby stores, Geroche said.
Short circuit was the initial cause of fire, he said.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The fire reached the third alarm and fire trucks from Bacolod, Valladolid, San Enrique, and fire volunteer brigades from the Chamber, Amity, and Asian Alcohol also responded to augment the Bago BFP.
This is the first big fire at the Bago Public Market.*
back to top