MERGE WINNER. Sitio Sanaaw composed of barangays 6, 14A, 14B and 16, was the champion in the 2019 Minuluan Festival street and arena dance competition in Talisay City, Negros Occidental, yesterday.* (Ronnie Baldonado photo)


Four convicts surrender
BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Four Negrense convicts, who were freed from jail after availing of Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA), have surrendered to the police, following an order of President Rodrigo Duterte to present themselves within 15 days to the authorities.

Lt. Col. Adrian Acollador, Negros Occidental police deputy provincial director for Administration, said yesterday that Moises Tribunalo of Brgy. Maaslob, Calatrava, and Jose Elisa Jr. submitted themselves to the Calatrava and La Castellana police stations for inventory.

Tribunalo, who was convicted of homicide on Nov. 15, 2010 by the Regional Trial Court Branch 57 of San Carlos in Negros Occidental, was released on April 9 this year, while Elisa, also a frustrated homicide convict, had been discharged from the New Bilibid Prison on April 6. moremoremore


2,000 security forces readied
for MassKara Festival – PNP
BY SHIELA G. GELERA

About 2,000 government forces will be initially deployed for the MassKara Festival in Bacolod City, next month, Police Maj. Lester Leada, Bacolod City Police Office operations chief, said yesterday.

The BCPO officials met with agencies involved such as the Philippine Coast Guard, Maritime, Philippine Army, and Special Action Force, during a coordinating meeting Monday, for this year’s MassKara Festival security.

Leada said they got the commitment of these agencies on the number of their personnel who will render duty during the festivity. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
buttonFour convicts surrender
button2,000 security forces readied for MassKara Festival – PNP
buttonDon’t bring pork to Negros: guv
buttonTemporary ban on imports eyed
buttonNo power plot: Bong
buttonSP backs anti-insurgency TF
buttonThree killed in Negros
buttonCapitol sets palay buying fund at P5M to aid farmers
buttonGuv hopes to convince doctors on 3-day work
buttonAllot funds for rabies, WVisayas LGUs urged
buttonBago gets top Gawad Kalasag award
buttonEnhanced tourism seen

Business
Sports
buttonAzkals dominate Guam, 4-1, in 2022 World Cup Qualifier
button27 tankers to represent PH in SEA Games
buttonScola provides the spark as Argentina oust Serbia

And now comes the Ombusdman
Freedom for sale
The empire strikes back

 





27 kilos of hot meat confiscated
BY MARCHEL P. ESPINA

Twenty-seven kilos of imported hot meat were seized in a routine inspection yesterday of Task Force Botagoy, at the Burgos public market in Bacolod City.

Edward Martin Pinaga, Task Force Botagoy head, said 23.49 kilos of imported pork from George Store, and 3.3 kilos of imported pork from 3RRR Frozen Foods were found to be “contaminated”.

During their inspection, they saw that the displayed meat was already thawed, “it has had become soft and vulnerable to virus and bacteria and no longer safe for human consumption,” Pinaga said.