• GILBERT P. BAYORAN
Six more local government employees in Negros Occidental have tested positive for illegal drugs.
Don Salvador Benedicto Mayor Lawrence Marxlen De la Cruz said the six employees have job order status and they were immediately dismissed from service.
He said that these kind of employees “are bad influence to their co- workers.”
Dela Cruz said he has forwarded their names to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
The municipal government conducted a surprise two-day drug testing of its 250 employees that started on Monday, July 24.
Dela Cruz said his administration has a strong anti-drug program.
We still have one barangay that is still not yet drug-cleared, he said adding that he wants DSB to be a “drug cleared” town as part of its tourism program.
Last month, 18 employees of the Silay City government lost their jobs after testing positive for the use of illegal drugs.
Another one also tested positive for drug use in San Carlos City.*
![]()