Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Benitez sure of petition dismissal

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Former Rep. Alfredo Benitez said yesterday he is confident that the Comelec Election Registration Board will dismiss the opposition filed against his transfer of voter’s registration from Victorias City to Bacolod City, with evidences he had presented.

On July 13, Teodoro and Jonah Abao and Hector Yula filed an opposition against the transfer of voter’s registration of Benitez, claiming that he is not a resident of Bacolod City.

Benitez said yesterday he expects the decision of the Comelec within this week.

With the evidences we’ve presented, he said “I am very confident that it will not prosper.”

Benitez earlier declared that he will run for mayor in Bacolod City, in next year’s elections.

In a position paper submitted to the Comelec-Bacolod last week, Francis Paul Baclay, counsel of Benitez, said “Contrary to the assertion by the oppositors in both their opposition and position paper, there is more than sufficient evidence to show that Benitez has established his domicile in Barangay Mandalagan before he filed his application for transfer of registration records to Bacolod City”.

“As can be expected the oppositors tried to discredit the evidence adduced in favor of registrant by alleging that the affidavits he presented are self-serving. This is erroneous,” Baclay said.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

September 2021
MTWTFSS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.