Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

BGC grounds off limits until Apr. 4

BY ADRIAN P. NEMES III

The Bacolod Government Center ground was temporarily closed to the public yesterday and until Sunday.

The decision was reached after the city recorded 31 new Coronavirus 2019 cases, the highest daily record since November 8 last year, Mayor Evelio Leonardia said.

There is a strong indication that cases in Bacolod might spike up and we don’t want that to happen, hence everyone is  enjoined to cooperate, he said.

Leonardia added that the closure of the NGC grounds is one of the many measures to abort the continued spread of the virus anew in Bacolod.

Bacolod’s active cases now are  nearing 200 while hospital beds intended for Covid patients are 24 percent utilized. Several Health workers in the City were also hospitalized as they contracted the disease.

Leonardia stressed that the closure of NGC grounds is a preventive measure and not a lockdown.

He said that he is set to issue an Executive Order regulating the Beaches in the City especially because people will flock these areas on Easter Sunday.

Leonardia added that they will also regulate the coffee shops, especially those  in Barangay Alangilan.

Meanwhile, the office of Councilor Cindy Rojas at the BGC was temporarily closed since Monday after one of her staff  tested positive for  Covid.

Rojas said the rest of her office staff went on isolation and will be working from home to continue processing the SPASS of the returning locally stranded individuals.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

September 2021
MTWTFSS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.