BY CARLA P. GOMEZ AND CHRYSEE G. SAMILLANO
The Negros Occidental provincial government is having seven Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs), who refused to be swabbed for Covid-19 on entry in the province arrested, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said last night.
The seven who entered through the Bacolod-Silay Airport Tuesday reportedly had a letter from a Bacolod councilor allowing them entry, he said.
“We will have them located and arrested,” Diaz said, adding that it appears that APORs are being allowed to enter Bacolod to go straight to work.
Negros Occidental has an existing health protocol that all those who enter the province must undergo Covid-19 tests.
Diaz identified the seven APORs as Charle Magne Andres, Dexter Claveria Aquino, Marlo Federiso and Johnny Yanes of DC Aquino Land Surveying Services, and Jestoni Absin Mangulabnan, Froillan Cris Timplanza Tungol, and Jim Batiduan Valerio of Pax Cable Inc.
Meanwhile, five Bacolodnons, who tested positive for Covid-19 during the August 28 to 29 mass testing in Bacolod City, have not been located until now.
Bacolod Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran said yesterday that the five persons could not be located because they provided fictitious names and one of them even used the name of a dead person. But he does not know if this person just happens to have a namesake.
Familiaran, chair of the city’s Inter-Agency Task Force against Covid-19, said the police, who are helping the city in contact-tracing and in extracting Covid positive patients from their residences to isolation facilities, tried to check their names with the Commission on Elections and the Land Transportation Office but were told that the names do not exist. These persons also provided fake addresses, he added.
The quarantine period of the five individuals may have already lapsed but what if they have infected other people like their families?, Familiaran said.
He appealed for them to be responsible enough and come out in the open. The economy of the city will depend on the cooperation of everyone, he said.
Out of the 4,384 Bacolodnons who had participated in the mass testing, 531 tested positive of the virus.
Former Bacolod councilor Caesar Distrito posted on his Facebook account yesterday that his brother, Singcang Barangay Captain Rosinie Distrito, is still intubated and supported by a ventilator after 22 days and is in his 24th day at the ICU.
He said his younger brother is conscious now but is still dependent on the ventilator for his oxygen requirement. According to his doctors, considering that his Covid pneumonia is a bilateral one, the classification of both his lungs was in the worst category upon his admission, Caesar said.
That is the reason why he cannot easily be removed unless all the parameters required by his pulmonary doctors and infectious disease doctor had been complied with. The problem with being placed under longer intubation is that one will become prone to infection. That is why he also had an infection.
But God has been very compassionate to Rosinie that the same had been immediately detected, and treatment was applied as soon as possible. He had very competent doctors and nurses at the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital, led by Doc Julius Drilon and Dr. Joan Cerrada, Caesar said.
His latest laboratory results are now in the normal level, and he is being weaned regularly to prepare his lungs to breathe on its own. If God permits, doctors are expecting him to be out of ventilator in the next few days, he said.*