Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Killing of 3 civilians an isolated case – PNP

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

The police yesterday dismissed the death of three civilians in an ambush perpetrated by armed suspects on February 20 in Brgy. Palampas, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, as an “isolated case.”

It does not reflect the whole peace and order situation of Negros Occidental, provincial police deputy spokesperson PLt. Abegael Donasco stressed.

Based on the initial investigations of the police, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson, who used to be the mayor of San Carlos City, disclosed that a case of “mistaken identity” is being looked into by probers.

Killed were Russel Bucao, Andre Fajardo and Rudy Dela Fuente, while the lone survivor identified as Renante Chiu was declared yesterday by the police to be in stable condition at the San Carlos City District Hospital.

Lacson said he received information that the target of four unidentified suspects was not inside the white Mazda sedan vehicle that the victims were riding.

Recovered from the scene of incident were 58 cartridges fired from M16 assault rifle and .45 caliber pistol.

On the other hand, Lacson urged authorities to identify the real target of the ambush, its motive and perpetrators of the heinous crime.

He also called on PCol. Leo Pamittan, acting provincial police director of Negros Occidental, to leave no stone unturned in their investigations

Donasco said that probers are looking into all possible angles that led to the commission of the crime, including connections to illegal drugs.

Last week, suspected rebels also ambushed a police patrol vehicle in remote barangay of Binalbagan town, where two policemen were injured.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

May 2022
MTWTFSS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.