Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

LGUs post zero COVID-19 cases

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Provincial Inter Agency Task Force action officer Rayfrando Diaz reported yesterday that some of the Negros Occidental local government units reported zero COVID-19 cases, as infections all over the province is steadily declining, based on the report of the Provincial Incident Management Team.

So far, we are on the right track. I hope that this is the end of our suffering due to COVID-19 pandemic, Diaz said, noting that COVID-19 active cases in the province dropped to 166 as of March 2.

Negros Occidental is presently under Alert Level 2, while highly-urbanized Bacolod City has been downgraded to Alert Level 1.

Diaz said he is hoping that the province will have new classification by March 16.

At the same time, he also reported that the three major quarantine facilities are now empty of occupants, while Cadiz District Hospital, a designated COVID treatment facility, has only 13 positive patients with 113 vacant beds.

“This is really a good sign and I hope it will stabilize,” Diaz said as he bared his suggestion that the new CDH annex building will cater non-COVID cases if the infection rate will go down further during a two-week period.

He also disclosed that nurses and medical technologists assigned in quarantine facilities are now engaged in vaccination drives.   

On the other hand, the four-day work arrangement at the Provincial Capitol remains in effect as of this time.

If the province will get a new classification by March 16, where the province be placed under Alert Level 1, Diaz said “that is the time that we can recommend to Gov. Lacson that a 5-day work week at the Capitol be resumed.”

Even though the Capitol remains on a four-day work week, Diaz said Friday is the day they usually catch up with any unfinished tasks by adopting a work from home arrangement.

The provincial government of Negros Occidental is eyeing the re-opening of Mambukal Mountain Resort in Murcia to tourists by April.

Diaz said that the power at the resort was only restored on March 2, almost three months after typhoon “Odette” damaged parts of the resort, toppling trees and powerlines.

With the restoration of electricity, Diaz said improvement works and repairs of the resort’s damaged facilities can now take place, including the installation of P2.5 million worth of street lights inside the resort premises and repair of the resort dam.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

December 2022
MTWTFSS
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.