Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

P10.4 million released to pay 1,786 city SPES

Some summer job beneficiaries receiving their salaries from the city government*

Bacolod City has released the salaries of 1,786 young persons, who rendered summer jobs under the Special Program for Employment of Students of the Public Employment Services Office.

Of the recipients, 250 are SPES-DOLE beneficiaries, while the 1,536 are city-paid.

The 250 beneficiaries of SPES-DOLE, who worked for 30 days, received 60 percent of their salary, amounting to P9,450.72, while the remaining 40 percent or P6,300.48, to be claimed from DOLE separately, will be released upon announcement, a press release from the city said yesterday.

Meanwhile, the 1,536 city-paid beneficiaries received their salaries on August 5.

For the SPES-DOLE program, 60 percent of the salary was paid by the city, while the remaining 40 percent was shouldered by the DOLE.

“The city-paid youth were tasked to conduct a survey in their respective communities, while the SPES-DOLE beneficiaries did different tasks, namely home gardening, survey, and encoding,” Ma. Rebecca Balicas, head of the Public Employment Services Office, said.

A total of P10,427,294.40 was released by the city government for the payment of the 1,786 beneficiaries of Bacolod.

Of the total, P2,362,680 was for the SPES-DOLE, or 60 percent of P3,937,800, and P8,064,614.40 for the city-paid SPES beneficiaries.

Balicas said all 1,786 beneficiaries have received their salaries from the city government, the press release added.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

September 2021
MTWTFSS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.