Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Rebel leader, 2 sons surrender

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Three other remnants of the dismantled of the dismantled South East Front of the Komiteng Rehiyonal-Negros, Cebu/Bohol/Siquijor, have abandoned the armed struggle and surrendered to the 11th Infantry Battalion on October 17 in Sitio Nahayag, Brgy. Talalak, Santa Catalina, Negros Oriental.

Lt. Col. Roderick Salayo, 11IB commanding officer, yesterday identified the three former rebels through their aliases, due to security reasons, as alias Kol and Reynald, team leader of KR-NCBS South East Front, and his two sons, alias Emman, 23, and Junie, 20, both members of the NPA Yunit Militia.

The former rebels also surrendered an M14 single bolt action rifle and subversive documents with high intelligence value.

Salayo said the three former rebels cited the lack of support from their leaders and false promises, which prompted them to surrender.

Brig. Gen. Leonardo Peña, 302nd Infantry Brigade commander, lauded the decision of three former rebels to abandon the armed struggle.

Last month, Army soldiers also captured Ka Neri, deputy secretary of the South East Front, during an encounter in Brgy. Tayak, Siaton, Negros Oriental, which also yielded high-powered firearms, Peña said.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

November 2021
MTWTFSS
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.