The City of San Carlos in Negros Occidental has resumed the 24-hour curfew for children below 12 years old starting Thursday, as part of the continuing measures to contain the local transmission of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).
The modified curfew hours are provided in Executive Order 01-2021, issued by Mayor Renato Gustilo, a copy of which was posted on the city’s official Facebook page yesterday.
“I do hereby order the resumption of the 24-hour curfew on all minors, who are below 12 years of age except when (they) have to go out of their residence for medical emergencies, routine medical check-up, or to undergo medical procedures for chronic illness,” he said.
The minor or minors must be accompanied by their parents, guardians, brothers, sisters or yayas (nanny), who are more than 21 years old.
The latest directive reimposed last year’s EO 211 regarding the round-the-clock curfew for all minors under 12.
Minors were allowed to go out of their homes under certain conditions during the Christmas season, and up to Jan. 3.
EO 01-2021 also modified the city’s general curfew hours to midnight until 4 a.m., from the previous midnight to 3 a.m.
The order said hotels, restaurants, bars, resto-pubs, resorts, and similar establishments may operate until midnight subject to minimum health protocols, and a 50-percent limitation on seating capacity.
Those holding events in social halls, function rooms, cottages, and other ancillary facilities through advanced booking shall secure a special permit issued by the city mayor.
This is following the assessment and joint inspection by the City Tourism Office, Business Permits and Licensing Office, and City Health regarding the compliance with minimum health protocols. As of Jan. 7, San Carlos City had 495 confirmed Covid-19 cases, 435 recoveries, 26 active infections, and 34 deaths.*PNA