Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

NegOcc allocates P50M for damaged structures

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Bacolod Rep. Greg Gasataya recently donated 300 sacks of rice to augment the relief efforts of Provincial Government of Negros Occidental for victims of Typhoon Odette*

An amount of P50 million has been set aside by the provincial government of Negros Occidental for the rehabilitation of damaged structures, such as houses of typhoon-affected victims in the province.

Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz yesterday said that the allocation of P50 million contained in a supplemental budget, was approved by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Negros Occidental during its regular session on Tuesday.

Diaz said that the allocated budget will be used in the purchase of GI sheets, where the concerned local government units will also provide a counterpart in buying other construction materials.

Based on the report of the Provincial Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office, a total of 42,432 houses were destroyed, while 159,832 others had been partially damaged.

Social Welfare and Development Secretary Rolando Bautista announced during the recent visit of President Rodrigo Duterte that they will extend assistance of P30,000 for destroyed houses and P15,000 for partially damaged homes.

The hardest hit areas by the typhoon were Kabankalan City, Sipalay City, Cauayan, Ilog and Hinobaan.

Diaz said that the construction materials will be coursed through the Relief Operation Command Center established in Kabankalan City, which is also the receiving area for all types of donations.

Senate Majority Floor Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri yesterday donated 400 sacks of rice to the typhoon victims, of which 200 sacks have been given to the provincial government and 100 sacks each for the cities of Bacolod and Kabankalan.

Diaz said that Bacolod Rep. Greg Gasataya also donated 300 more sacks of rice, 500 jerry cans of potable water, hundreds of cartoons of canned goods, noodles and non-food items.

The city governments of Cadiz, Talisay and Bago, among other Negros Occidental LGUs also dispatched their respective rescue teams to help in road clearing operations, aside from the 12 teams of the PDRRMO.

The entire province of Negros Occidental is now under a state of calamity, following its approval by the SP on Tuesday. Diaz said that the Department of Trade and Industry in the province has been also ordered to monitor closely the prices of basic commodities.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

May 2022
MTWTFSS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.